These healthy snacks are basically breakfast in a muffin. With very little fat, they make an ideal any time of day snack. With no mixer necessary, it
- 1 cup minus 1 tbsp quick cooking oats -
- 1 cup boiling water -
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour -
- 1 tbsp baking powder -
- 3/4 tsp salt -
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon -
- 1 apple peeled -
- 1/2 cup milk or soy milk -
- 1/4 cup sweetened applesauce -
- 1 egg -
- 1/4 cup of raisins -
- 2 tbsp rolled oats for topping -
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Place the quick cooking oats into a large bowl. Add the boiling water and stir to distribute, let sit for 2 minutes until cooked and let cool.
3. In another bowl, place the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and mix.
4. Peel the apple and grate on the large holes of a box grater. Grate all sides until only the core is remaining. Add to the oatmeal along with the milk, applesauce, egg and raisins. Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Place into greased muffin tins and sprinkle with remaining rolled oats and bake for 20 – 25 minutes, or until the top springs back when gently pressed.