- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour, -
- 1 cup AP flour, -
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder, -
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda, -
- 1/4 tsp. salt, -
- 2 large eggs, -
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, -
- 1 cup milk or soy milk with 1 tsp. vinegar added, -
- 1/4 cup orange juice, -
- 1/4 cup canola oil, -
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract, -
- 1/3 cup of any kind of jam, -
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla or almond extract, -
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, -
- 1 Tablespoon sugar -
Preheat oven to 400*F. Coat 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
Whisk whole wheat flour, AP flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk eggs and brown sugar in a medium bowl until smooth. Add milk with vinegar, orange juice, oil, and vanilla; whisk to blend. Add to the dry ingredients and mix with a rubber spatula until just moistened.
Scoop half the batter into the prepared muffin pan. Mix jam with vanilla; drop a generous teaspoonful in the center of each muffin. Spoon on the remaining batter, fiiling each muffin cup completely. Sprinkle with almonds, then sugar.
Bake muffins until the tops are just golden brown, 15 to 25 minutes