Canned salmon, punched up with shallots and mustard, make up these savory sliders. The piquant dressing and sliced veggies complete this sensational sandwich.
- rolls of your choice (we used a jabetta) -
- 1 large can (14.75 oz / 418 g) salmon, drained and mashed -
- 1 small shallot, finely diced -
- 1 egg -
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard -
- salt and pepper, to taste -
- oil for frying, if desired -
- 1 red onion, cut into thin rings -
- 1 large tomato, cut into 8 slices -
- lettuce of your choice -
- other veggies of your choice (optional) -
- 1 cup mayonnaise (light is fine) -
- 1/3 cup vinegar -
- 3 tsp sugar -
- 1 tsp salt -
- 1 clove garlic, minced -
- 1/2 tsp paprika (in oil) -
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard -
- handful chopped chives -
Combine the salmon, shallot, egg, and mustard in a small bowl. Form into sliders (small burgers) and either fry in a small amount of oil for 3–4 minutes on each side, or bake in your toaster oven on 350°F/180°C for approximately 15 minutes or until done.
Set aside to cool.
Mix together dressing ingredients and smear on either side of each roll. Add veggies of your choice and a slider (or a slider and a half) to each roll. Enjoy!
Note: This dressing keeps for quite a while in the fridge. It is fabulous with any freshly cut veggies.