Every time I sit down to right about my latest cookie, I immediately think of how I love
- 1 1/2 cups flour -
- 1/3 cup sugar -
- 1/4 tsp. Salt -
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest -
- 1 stick margarine -
- 4 large eggs -
- 1 1/3 cups sugar -
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (approx. 2 lemons) -
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a 9x13 pan with silver foil.
2. In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, salt and lemon zest. Add in margarine and blend with an electric mixer until it forms sandy crumbs. Pat the crumbs into the lined pan in an even layer. Bake for 20 minutes, until lightly browned.
3. While crust is baking, whisk together eggs, sugar and lemon juice. Pour into hot crust and bake for 20 minutes. Gently shake pan to make sure filling does not jiggle.
4. Cool completely before slicing. Coat generously with confectioner’s sugar before serving.