Ever since I developed this recipe, I tend to make it at least once a week. It takes just a few minutes of prep time and is so full of flavor and vibrant colors. For a delicious variation, add the leftovers to an omelet.
- 6–8 baby peppers in all colors, thinly sliced into rings -
- 1 large leek, thinly sliced into rings -
- light olive oil, to taste -
- salt and pepper, to taste -
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped -
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
Place peppers and leek into a large mixing bowl and lightly coat with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss until combined. Spread evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast for about 10 minutes, or until vegetables start browning. When ready to serve, mix in the chopped parsley. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This recipe appeared in Mishpacha Magazine, July 2012.