Cake balls/ truffle balls are all the rage right now, and with good reason. The flavor combinations are endless, and in the heat of summer, a no bake treat is always a winner. I
- 1 cup peanut butter -
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs -
- 3/4 cup icing sugar -
- 6 oz. Baking chocolate (or other coating alternative) -
- Sprinkles, chocolate chips, crushed chocolate bar, chopped nuts etc... for topping -
1. Combine graham cracker crumbs with peanut butter and icing sugar. Mix together well! (you want the mix to be dry enough to form into balls, if too sticky add some more graham cracker crumbs).
2. Form 24 even sized ball and place on lined baking sheet. Freeze for a minimum of 30 minutes.
3. Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments, be sure not to burn.
4. Using skewer or fork, dip truffle in coating making sure to cover fully. Sprinkle topping on wet chocolate. (I prefer to sprinkle toppings and not dip the truffle into them so that they don’t get all messy from wet chocolate drippings.)
5. Refrigerate or freeze until firm.