- 1 Tbsp instant coffee (if you have flavored, it’s always better) -
- 1 Tbsp boiling water -
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened -
- 2/3 cup confectioners’ sugar -
- ½ tsp. Vanilla extract -
- 2 cups flour -
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips -
1. Dissolve coffee in boiling water and set aside to cool.
2. Cream margarine and sugar until very smooth – aprox. 4 minutes. Beat in vanilla and coffee. Mix in flour until just disappears. Do not over work dough. Fold in chocolate chips with a spatula.
3. Place dough in a gallon size zip-loc bag and on a flat surface roll the dough to a rectangle that is aprox. 9”x10” and ¼” thick. Press air out of bag and seal. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 325. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Cut open the sides of the plastic bag. Measure and slice dough into 1 ½” squares and place on lined sheets. Bake for 18 minutes. Shortbreads should still be pale. Let cookies cool and enjoy!