** **VIDEO** This recipe was made at Kosher Scoop's Cooking School. This class took place at Pantry Foods in Toronto. Pastry Chef Randi Kates shows us great tips and tricks for making the perfect Quiche. Watch her carefully and your quiche will never be the same again!
- To view video on Koshertube.com click here. -
- 3 cups flour -
- 1 tsp salt -
- 1 cup margarine -
- 3/4 cup cold water -
- 1 tsp vinegar -
- 1 egg -
- 1 cup milk -
- 1 cup heavy cream -
- 4 egg -
- 1 tsp salt -
- 1 tsp pepper -
- 1 tbsp oil -
- 1 tsp dried thyme (optional) -
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms -
- 1 cup of leeks washed and sliced (you can choose any other combination of vegetables that you like) -
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese -
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, use your fingers to blend the flour, salt, and margarine together, until small pieces form, and dough looks a bit more yellow.
3. Add the water, vinegar and egg to the mixture and blend together just until dough forms. Be careful not to over-mix the dough. You may have some pieces that are not fully incorporated. Flour the dough and the counter, and roll it out to 1/4 to 1/2 inch thickness.
4. Place dough in 9-inch spring form pan or anything of equivalent size. There should be some extra dough left-over. Trim sides.
5. For filling: Heat a saucepan with 1 tbsp oil and lightly sautee the mushrooms until they are just softening. For added flavor, add 1 tsp of dried thyme as they cook.
6. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs with a fork and then add milk, cream, salt and pepper. Mix and pour into quiche dough. Place the vegetables and mozzarella cheese inside, give it a little mix to spread the vegetables evenly, and bake for 1 hour.