I had promised you before Shavuos that I
- 1/4 cup flour -
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar -
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon -
- Pinch of salt -
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted -
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter -
- 1 egg -
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar -
- 1/2 cup sugar -
- 1/2 cup sour cream -
- 1/4 cup whipped cream cheese -
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract -
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon -
- 1 teaspoon baking powder -
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda -
- 2 1/2 cups flour -
1. Preheat oven to 350. In a bowl combine first 5 ingredients to make a fine streusel and set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, heat ½ cup butter and brown until golden colored. Watch that it doesn’t burn! Let cool.
3. In a stand mixer, combine egg, and sugars. Mix for 2 minutes, until glossy. Add remaining ingredients, except for flour and mix well. Add in cooled butter and mix until combined. Using a wooden spoon, fold in flour and 3/4 cup of streusel.
4. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on lined cookie sheets. Sprinkle remaining streusel on cookies, pressing it lightly to stick. Bake for 12-14 minutes until bottoms are lightly browned.