I beg you, no garlic powder. If for Goodness only knows what reason, you don
- 6 large cloves garlic -
- 3 tablespoons paprika -
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne, or more, to taste -
- 1 tablespoon cumin -
- 1 tablespoon oregano -
- 3 bay leaves -
- Ground pepper to taste -
- 3 tablespoons fine cornmeal -
- 2 tablespoons olive oil -
- 8 chicken cutlets, medium-thick -
1. Grind all spice ingredients in a food processor until a smooth paste forms. Coat the cutlets in the spice mixture, using it all up.
2. Pour a few drops olive oil in a large heavy skillet. When the skillet is very hot, place the cutlets in, and cook no more than 2 minutes on each side.
3. Serve hot or at room temperature, alone or on top of mixed greens very lightly tossed with a little olive oil and lemon, sea salt and pepper to taste (no need to make the dressing more complicated: the chicken is highly seasoned).