The tahini in this recipe combines with the maple syrup flavor bringing a caramel-like taste and adds some extra sesame goodness into this cereal mix. It
- 1 cup pecans -
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats -
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds -
- 1/4 cup hulled hemp seeds -
- 1/4 cup tahini -
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil -
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup -
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon -
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional) -
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt -
- 8 chopped dates -
- 8 chopped dried figs -
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix with a spatula pecans, oats, sesame and hemp seeds, tahini, olive oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, cardamom and salt until evenly coated.
4. Spread oat mix onto the two prepared sheets. Bake for 20 minutes.
5. Add 4 chopped dates and 4 chopped figs onto each one of the pans and mix well with the rest of the granola.
6. Let cool and keep at room temperature in an air tight container for up to two weeks.