The flavours in this dish really complement each other. I used salmon, which is my favourite, but feel free to experiment with other fish as well.
- 1 lbs of salmon, sea bass or tuna, finely diced -
- 3-4 lemons, juiced -
- 2 purple beets -
- 2 tbsp olive oil -
- 1/4 cup tahini -
- 3 Tbsp fresh Italian parsley -
- 1 scallion, chopped -
1. Place the diced fish in a bowl with lemon juice covering the fish and place in refrigerator, covered, for 1 – 2 hours. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Meanwhile, rub the beets with a bit of oil, sprinkle with salt and place them in a pan. Cover well and roast in oven for 1 hour. Peel and dice when done, let them cool completely.
3. Strain the fish, discarding all the lemon juice, and put into a mixing bowl. Add all remaining ingredients and mix well. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.