This is a great addition to any crudit
- 1 cup (4 1/2 ounces) raw pumpkin seeds -
- 2 small garlic cloves, peeled -
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, coarsely chopped -
- 3 scallions, coarsely chopped (green and white parts) -
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil -
- 1/4 cup water (plus more if needed) -
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice -
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin -
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt -
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional -
1. Toast pumpkin seeds in a dry heavy skillet over low heat. Stir frequently with a heat-proof spatula, until seeds puff (but NOT brown), about 5-7 minutes. Let cool.
2. In a food processor, puree toasted pepitas, garlic, parsley, scallions, oil, water, lime juice, cumin, salt and pepper flakes (if using), until smooth. Thin with a bit more water if desired. Taste for seasoning and adjust if needed. Serve immediately or keep refrigerated for up to 3 days.