I am usually very firm with my children about eating a healthy breakfast, so when I told my children that they could have these bars for breakfast with a glass of milk, I could tell that they thought I had made a mistake. I gave them each a square and they all loved them. I was satisfied, knowing that they had a well rounded breakfast.
- 1 generous cup chunky peanut butter -
- 1/2 cup honey -
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds -
- 1 1/2 tbsp flax seeds -
- 3 cups Kosher Mills -
- Dash of kosher salt -
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or mini chocolate chips -
1. In a medium pot, combine peanut butter and honey over a low flame and mix until smooth.
2. Remove from heat and add the sunflower and flax seeds – mix to combine.
3. Add the puffed quinoa, sprinkle lightly with kosher salt and mix until combined.
4. Add dried cherries mix once more. (if using chocolate chips, press the quinoa mixture into the pan first and sprinkle chocolate chips over it, then press them into the mixture).
5. Press into an 8” square pan, using the back of a spoon or bottom of a glass to create an even top. Let cool completely. Freezes well.