- 1 stick margarine, softened -
- 1 cup sugar -
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract -
- 1 egg -
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest -
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice -
- 1/4 teaspoon salt -
- 1/4 teaspoon baking pwder -
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda -
- 1 1/2 cups flour -
- Powdered sugar for rolling cookies -
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In your mixer, cream sugar and margarine until light and fluffy.
3. Add vanilla, egg, lemon zest and lemon juice and mix.
4. Stir in all dry ingredients , except powdered sugar, until just combined.
5. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and roll in confectioners sugar, coating generously.
6. Place on baking sheet, leaving 1 ½ inches between cookies.
7. Bake for 11 minutes, or until bottoms are just slightly browning.