- 1 stick margarine -
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar -
- 1/2 cup honey -
- 2 eggs -
- 3 1/2 cups flour -
- 2 tsp Baking soda -
- 1 tsp ground ginger -
- 1 tsp nutmeg -
- 1 tsp allspice -
- 1/2 tsp salt -
- Assorted decorations ie, sprinkles, chocolate chips, m&m’s, button candy, royal icing, etc...
1. In a mixer bowl, cream margarine, sugar and honey until light and fluffy. Add eggs and mix until incorporated.
2. Sift together all dry ingredients, and add all at once to mixer. Mix just until combined. Dough will be quite sticky– you can refrigerate it for 1/2 hr to make it easier to work with.
3. If rolling out immediately, use flour quite liberally. Roll dough onto baking paper, cut gingerbread shapes, and peel away excess dough.
4. Bake 10 min. Do not over bake or they will be very dry.
5. Allow cookies to cool before decorating. Decorate with royal icing and/or your favourite candies. Store in an airtight container.