I recently wandered into a beautiful little bakery. I like to snoop on the competition
- 1 cup margarine (or oil) -
- 1 cup brown sugar -
- 1 cup sugar -
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract -
- 2 eggs -
- 2 ½ cups oatmeal -
- 2 cups flour -
- 1 tsp baking soda -
- 1 tsp baking powder -
- 1 ½ bananas sliced into ¼ “ rounds -
- 10.5 oz. Dark chocolate broken into squares (i.e. 1 bar Shmerling's Ménage or 3 bars Shmerling's Nobelesse) -
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cream margarine and sugars until light and fluffy.
3. Add vanilla, eggs and oatmeal.
4. Add in all dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
5. Gently stir in bananas and chocolate by hand. (You don’t want the bananas to become mush)
6. Drop generous ¼ cup scoops onto lined baking sheets. (6 scoops per sheet)
7. Bake 18 minutes. (watch for cookies to turn golden but DON’T over bake)