These crustless quiches are a tasty alternative to the standard cheese omelet. There
- 8 eggs -
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated -
- salt and pepper, to taste -
- 2 medium onions, diced -
- oil, for sautéing -
- 1½ cups chopped frozen broccoli, defrosted, or 2 red peppers, diced, or ½ lb (225 g) fresh or 8 oz (225 g) canned mushrooms -
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Place the eggs in a medium-size bowl and beat well. Add cheese, salt, and pepper.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium flame. Sauté onions in oil until golden brown. For broccoli quiche, add onions and broccoli to egg mixture and mix well. For red pepper or mushroom quiche, add red peppers or mushrooms to the frying pan with the onions and sauté another 5 minutes. Combine vegetables with egg mixture.
4. Pour mixture into greased muffin tins, filling ¾ of the way. Bake for 30 minutes, until golden and puffy.
This recipe appeared in Mishpacaha Magazine Issue 293, June 2012.