- 1 9-ounce bag fresh spinach leaves -
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided -
- 1 medium red onion, halved, cut into 1/3-inch-thick wedges with some core attached -
- 1 7-ounce package feta cheese, coarsely crumbled -
- 2 tablespoons Sherry wine vinegar -
Place spinach in large bowl.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over high heat. Add onion; sauté until brown and softened, about 7 minutes.
Transfer to bowl with spinach; remove skillet from heat. Add remaining 3 tablespoons oil and cheese to skillet. Stir to melt cheese slightly, about 1 minute.
Stir in vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour over spinach; toss to coat and wilt slightly.