This stir fry dish is always a hit, with a healthy twist!
- 2 cups wheat grain (Hitah) -
- 1 large onion -
- 1 small sweet potato -
- 1 red pepper -
- 1 zucchini -
- any other veggies you would like/enjoy in a stir fry. -
- Teriyaki sauce -
- 1 tbsp brown sugar -
1. first pre cut all of your veggies into small pieces, and set aside.
2. take your wheat grain (yes its acutally called wheat when you buy the grain in the store) you cook it just like rice. 2 cups wheat, 2 cups water in a pot with a lid (or another trick is to put water up to your knuckles when you lay your hand flat onto the wheat) cook for 15 minutes on a low simmer COVERED. then 15 min to sit without being opened off fire.
3. put some oil in a frying pan, start with the onions and once they look almost done, add the brown suger.
4. then add the sweet potato to the frying pan, and let it cook for a little. After its had a head start add all of the other veggies until soft.
5. when the veggies are done, add teryaki sauce and cook for another minute.
6. make sure all the water in the wheat is gone, and that it tastes ready. add the veggies with sauce into the wheat pot. mix. 7. enjoy... add chicken if you want it as a main dish, or keep it pareve.