The recipe is actually quite simple and it makes for a stunning presentation.
- 7 eggs -
- 7 Tbsp sugar -
- 1/2 cup orange juice -
- 1/2 cup seltzer -
- 1/2 cup milk -
- 3/4 cup (scant) flour -
- 1 Tbsp oil -
- 2 tsp vanilla extract -
- 2 cups Haolam Ricotta Cheese -
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream -
- 2 1/2 cups whipped cream cheese -
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar -
- 1 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar -
- Blueberry sauce
- 2 cups frozen blueberries -
- 3 Tbsp sugar -
- 1/4 cup water -
- 1 Tbsp corn starch, dissolved in 1/4 cup of cold water -
1. Place the eggs in a large mixing bowl and break the yolks with a whisk. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk vigorously until there are no lumps, and the batter is smooth.
2. Preheat a 9” non-stick. Grease the pan lightly (use a paper towel to brush the oil to a thin layer, and you can use the oiled paper towel to brush the pan between crepes if necessary). Pour 1/3 of a cup of batter into the center of the pan, and use a swirling motion to spread it evenly. Let it rest until the edges begin to brown and bubbles appear on the surface. Loosen from the side of the pan and flip over. Press down on the crepe with a spatula to avoid burning. When done, flip onto a prepared plate. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix until combined.
Bring blueberries, sugar and water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add the dissolved corn starch and bring to a boil again. Remove from heat, stir and let cool to room temperature.
Place one crepe on your serving dish, spread a layer of filling over the crepe, going all the way to edge, repeat with 10 more layers, ending with a crepe.
Pour blueberry sauce over top of the cake immediately before serving.