This recipe was part of the dish Chef Lipperman prepared at the Taste for Success contest. Please note exact amounts have not been written but is easy enough to make. Enjoy!
- 2 Cornish hens -
- 3 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil -
- 1 tsp Black pepper, freshly ground -
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard -
- 2 tbsp Honey -
- 1 tsp Kosher (or sea) salt -
- 1/2 cup Pistachio nuts, shelled, peeled and chopped -
1. De-bone the Cornish hens, rub with the oil and some freshly cracked black pepper. Combine Dijon mustard and honey.
2. Heat a pan over med-high heat and coat lightly with olive oil. Season the boneless hens with kosher or good quality sea salt. Sear the chicken skin side down until golden brown, then turn over and glaze with the honey-mustard glaze.
3. Spread the chicken in a shallow pan and sprinkle with pistachio nuts. Place in oven at 350F until just cooked. Allow chicken to rest out of the oven for five minutes prior to serving.
Picture courtesy of Hudson Taylor Photography.