I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned before that I am quite fond of cinnamon. This has led me to try many variations of ‘snickerdoodles’. For those of you not cookie obsessed- snickerdoodles are a simple cookie dough rolled in cinnamon sugar. I have tried pumpkin snickerdoodles, chocolate snickerdoodles etc… Today I decided to fill my snickerdoodles, and with caramel chips quite popular right now, they seemed like a good choice.
I know they were a good choice – my cookie jar is almost empty in just 24 hours!
1 cup margarine or butter*
1 Tablespoon vanilla sugar
1 ½ cups sugar
2 ¾ cups flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
3 Tablespoons cinnamon
½ cup sugar
Baker’s Choice Caramel Chips
*to my dear sisters and any margarine-phobic readers: I am sorry I did not try to substitute with oil, but if you do- please be so kind as to post the results
• Beat margarine, eggs and sugars together.
• In a separate bowl, mis flour cream of tartar, baking soda and salt together.
• Add dry ingredients to margarine and mix until incorporated.
• Chill dough for at least 1 hour.
• Preheat oven to 350.
• Mix ½ cup sugar and 3 Tablespoons cinnamon in a small bowl.
• Scoop a tablespoon of dough, flatten in your palm and fill with caramel chips – aprox. 15 pcs. And roll into a ball.
• Roll ball into cinnamon sugar mixture, coating well.
• Place cookies on lined baking sheets, aprox 1 ½ inches apart.
• Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown at the edges.
Prep Time: 15 min. (1 hr. Chill time) Bake Time: 12-15 min. Difficulty: easy Yield: aprox. 4 dozen.