I made 60 of these pies for Purim one year, in a 9 inch pie shell. I can actually tell you the recipe by heart, and maybe even in my dreams. They all told me they enjoyed it….I’m sure they were telling the truth :)
- 3 eggs -
- 1/4 cup brown sugar -
- 3/4 cup corn syrup -
- 1 tsp vanilla extract -
- 2 Tbsp margarine or butter, melted -
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips -
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves -
- 2 Tbsp flour -
- 1 9” pie crust, pre-baked, frozen -
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Place the eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup and vanilla extract into a bowl and beat until fully combined. Add melted margarine and mix.
2. In a second bowl, mix pecans with chocolate chips and flour until evenly coated. Place the chocolate chip-pecan mixture into the pie crust and gently pour the liquid batter over it. (don't need to defrost the crust).
Bake for 50 – 55 minutes.
Serve gently warmed or at room temperature.