This cake has a wonderful buttery flavor, with a touch of chocolate. Whenever I make this cake, it
- 1 cup (½ lb). butter (unsalted), at room temperature -
- 1 ½ cups sugar -
- 3 eggs -
- ½ cup milk -
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract -
- 2 cups flour -
- 2 tsp. baking powder -
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips -
1. In an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time and beat after each one.
2. Mix baking powder into 2 cups flour. Turn down mixer to slow and add remaining ingredients, alternating wet and dry ingredients. Mix just until combined. Add the chocolate chips and mix until combined.
3. Pour into buttered and floured 9 inch loaf pan, or a small Bundt pan. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted to centre comes out dry. Let cool completely before slicing.