This cake will be dairy if you use milk. For a pareve version, substitute the milk with soy milk or light coconut milk.
- 1 1/3 cups vegetable oil, plus more for brushing -
- 3 cups all purpose flour -
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder -
- 2 1/2 cups sugar -
- Pinch of salt -
- 3/4 cup orange juice -
- 3/4 cups whole milk or soy milk (see note) -
- 3 large eggs -
- 1 1/2 tbsp poppy seeds -
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon extract -
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla -
- 1 1/4 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen) -
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a large Bundt pan very well with oil and flour (or baking spray).
2. Whisk the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add the orange juice, soy milk, 1 1/3 cups vegetable oil, the eggs, poppy seeds, and lemon and vanilla extracts in a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on medium speed until combined. Gradually beat in the flour mixture until well combined. Fold the blueberries into the batter with a rubber spatula.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until golden on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 60-70 minutes. Remove cake from oven and cool completely on rack.