This scrumptious sauce is so simple to prepare. It
- 2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries -
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries -
- 2 to 3 Tbsp sugar, honey, maple syrup or granular Splenda -
- 1 to 2 tsp cherry brandy or sweet red wine (optional) -
1. In a large non-stick skillet, combine berries with desired sweetener. Cook over high heat, stirring occasionally. Cook 2 to 3 minutes for fresh berries, 3 to 5 minutes for frozen berries, just until berries start to release their juices but still hold their shape.
2. Taste the fruit for sweetness, adding more sugar if necessary. Add cherry brandy or wine, if using. Serve warm or chilled.
Will keep 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator or freeze in a tightly sealed container for up to 3 month.