For the last five summers, I have trekked up to Camp Ramah New England, my childrens
- 1 recipe Dessert Pizza Dough -
- 2 tablespoons parve margarine or butter -
- 1/4 cup brown sugar -
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon -
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and sliced into ¼-inch slices -
- confectioner’s sugar for dusting, optional -
Place the margarine into a skillet over medium heat and melt. Add the brown sugar, cinnamon and apples, and toss to coat. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about ten minutes, or until the apples are fork tender. Set aside. Place on top of the rolled dough, leaving a ¾ - one inch border. Bake on the bottom rack for 5 minutes and then move to a higher rack for another 5-10 minutes, or until the crust has puffed and colored and the bottom is golden.