Who knew that something so small could pack such a nutritional punch? Flax seeds are a virtual powerhouse of nutrients. They
- 3/4 cup canola oil -
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar -
- 3 eggs -
- 2 cups packed grated raw zucchini (about 2 large zucchini) -
- 2 cups all purpose flour -
- 1/4 cups flax seed -
- 1-1/2 tsp baking soda -
- 1 tsp baking powder -
- 1 tsp cinnamon -
- 1/4 tsp salt -
- 1 cup chopped pecans or almonds -
1. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease 9-5 inch loaf pan.
2. In bowl of stand up mixer, using whisk attachment (or hand held mixer) beat together oil and sugar until well mixed, scraping down sides of bowl frequently. Beat in eggs, one at a time and then vanilla. Fold in grated zucchini.
3. In separate bowl, combine flour, flax seed, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in pecans. Stir into oil mixture. Using spatula, transfer to loaf pan.
4. Bake in centre of preheated oven to about 60 to 70 minutes or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean.