This recipe is a powerhouse of good for you nutrients. Just a handful of walnuts a day provides you with 2.5 grams of ALA, the plant-based source of omega-3 fatty acid, 4 grams of protein, 2 grams of fiber and 10% of your daily value of magnesium and phosphorus. Add this to the extra omega threes found in the salmon and you have a super nutritious meal!
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts -
- 3 tbsp fresh breadcrumbs or panko -
- 1 tbsp grated lemon rind -
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme -
- 1 tbsp olive oil -
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper -
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard -
- 4 salmon fillets, skin on (5 to 6 oz each) -
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Stir together walnuts, breadcrumbs, lemon rind, thyme, oil and salt and pepper. The mixture should loosely hold together when pressed.
3. Brush mustard all over three sides of salmon. Press walnut mixture onto fish. Place on aluminum foil lined baking sheet. Let stand at room temp for 15 minutes
4. Bake at in centre of preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or just until fish flakes easily with a fork.