Meatloaf is an old classic that can't go wrong. It also travels really well on family outings.
- 4 – 5 large onions sliced -
- 1 lb. ground beef -
- 1 shallot -
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh dill -
- 1 clove garlic -
- 1 tsp kosher salt -
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper -
- 3 slices pastrami -
- 1/2 cup pesach crumbs or mashed potatoes -
- 2 eggs -
- 1 cup sweet and sour duck sauce (store bought is good) -
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a food processor fitted with the ‘s’ blade attachment, pulse the shallots, dill, garlic, and pastrami until fine.
3. Place meat in a bowl and add ground mixture. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
4. Slice onions and place in bottom of pyrex – shape meat into a loaf and place on top of onions. Cover well and bake for 1 hour. Uncover, gaze with duck sauce and bake uncovered for 35 – 40 minutes more.
5. Slice and serve with onions.