- 2 1/2 cups endives (about 3 endive heads), thinly sliced -
- 2 1/2 cups white cabbage (about 1 medium head cabbage or 1 bag shredded coleslaw), thinly sliced -
- 1 heaping cup green (unripe) mango, julienned -
- 2 medium scallions, white parts only, cut into -
- 1/4 -inch pieces on a diagonal -
- 2 1/2 Tbsp brown rice vinegar, unseasoned -
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise -
- 1 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil -
- 1/2 tsp salt -
- 1 Tbsp sugar -
- 1 green chili pepper, finely minced -
1. To prepare the dressing, combine all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together.
2. Place all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss to combine. If you’d like, add more salt and pepper, to taste. Let the salad marinate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
For a sweeter salad, use a riper mango.
This recipe appeared in Kosher Inspired, Issue 5. Kosher Inspired is a product of Mishpacha Magazine.