- 1/2 cup (1 stick) parve margarine -
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour -
- 1 tablespoon parve unsweetened cocoa -
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus ¼ teaspoon for dusting pans -
- 7 ounces parve semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped or broken into 1-inch pieces -
- pinch cayenne pepper -
- 2 large eggs plus 2 yolks -
- 1/2 cup sugar -
1. You will need twelve 3-inch fluted molds or small ramekins. Melt 1 tablespoon of the margarine and use a pastry brush to brush the inside of the 12 molds. Combine the 1 tablespoon of flour with the cocoa and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon in a shallow bowl. Holding a mold over the bowl, spoon about 1 tablespoon of the flour, cocoa and cinnamon mixture into the mold. Tilt the mold all around and shake to cover all the sides. Tap the extra flour and cocoa back into the bowl. Repeat with the other 11 molds and place them on a jelly roll pan.
2. Place the chocolate and the remaining margarine in a heatproof bowl over boiling water to melt. While the chocolate and margarine is melting, mix the eggs, egg yolks, and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Turn the speed up to high and beat for 5 minutes. The mixture will look creamy. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of flour and beat on low speed until just combined. Add the cinnamon and cayenne to the melted chocolate mixture. Gently whisk the melted chocolate mixture into the eggs mixture until combined.
3. Divide the batter among the prepared molds, about 1/3 cup for each mold. Place in the refrigerator for 1/2 hour or up to 4 hours.
4. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake for 9 to 10 minutes, or longer if needed; you just want the edges to look set, the center can still look unbaked. Let rest for 1 minute. Run a knife around the sides, and then turn over onto a plate to serve. Serve immediately, if possible. Store covered in the refrigerator for up to five days.