- 2 lbs green beans, trimmed -
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half -
- 1⁄2 cup sliced scallions, white and light-green parts and/or red onion -
- 1⁄4–1⁄2 cup feta cheese -
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil -
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar -
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard -
- 1 tsp coarse salt -
- 1⁄2 tsp black pepper -
1. To prepare the dressing, whisk together the dressing ingredients until combined and set it aside.
2. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Blanch the green beans in the boiling water for 4 minutes, until they are bright green and still crunchy. Drain the green beans immediately in a colander and then plunge them into ice-cold water to quickly cool them. Drain again.
3. Arrange the green beans on a platter. Scatter the cherry tomatoes and scallions (or onion) over the beans.
4. Just before serving, drizzle on the dressing and crumble the feta cheese on top.
This recipe appeared in Kosher Inspired, Issue 5, June 2011. Kosher Inspired is a project of Mishpacha Magazine.