This is my all time favorite salad. The creamy goat cheese adds such great flavour and texture, while the granola adds crunch and sweetness. For this picture I used the honey almond goat cheese, and it was a real hit!
- 2 blood oranges -
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cut into bite size pieces -
- 4-5 leaves radicchio, cut into bite size pieces -
- 2 scallions, sliced thinly -
- 4 oz. Goat cheese -
- 1/2 cup of granola cereal (I used pecan cranberry flavor) -
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil -
- 1 Tbsp orange juice -
1. With a sharp knife, cut and peel white pith from oranges. To section each orange, hold in a bowl to catch juice, cut in between segments, and then lift them free. Set aside.
2. Combine lettuce, radicchio, and scallions in a bowl. Top with orange segments and slices of the goat cheese, and sprinkle with granola.
3. Combine sesame oil and orange juice and pour over salad right before serving.