If your custom is to peel everything on Pesach, these can be made when the potatoes are peeled as well. I told my kids this was "special Pesach candy" and they all loved it!
- 4 sweet potatoes - scrubbed clean -
- 1 cup sugar -
- Oil for brushing -
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Brush a baking sheet with oil to coat lightly, or alternatively, spray with cooking spray.
3. Cut the sweet potato into thin slices (not paper thin, but about 1/4 inch thick). Place sugar in a bowl, dip both sides of each sweet potato slice into the sugar and lay flat on sheet – no need to spread them. Spray with cooking spray or brush lightly with oil.
4. Place in oven on centre rack and roast for ½ hour. Turn over, and bake for 5 minutes more. Remove and cool off. Serve at room temperature.
Note: If some chips begin to blacken, remove them from the oven. They are probably thinner and don’t need as much time.