- 4-oz package Udon Noodles or Chinese whole grain rice pasta -
- 1 cup broccoli florets, cut into small pieces -
- 1⁄2 cup shelled edamame, defrosted -
- 1 bunch scallions, white and light-green parts, chopped -
- 2 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce -
- 4 Tbsp mirin or dry white wine -
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced -
- 3 tsp light brown sugar -
1. To prepare the dressing, combine all of the dressing ingredients in a cruet and shake vigorously until well mixed. Set it aside.
2. Cook the noodles as per package directions, being careful not to overcook them. Add the broccoli and edamame 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time. Drain and rinse everything together in a colander.
3. Pour the dressing over the pasta, broccoli and edamame while they are still slightly warm. Add the scallions. Let the salad marinate for at least 24 hours before serving.
This recipe appeared in Kosher Inspired, Issue 5, June 2011. Kosher Inspired is a project of Mishpacha Magazine.