This is the ultimate Chol Hamoed dinner or lunch idea. My family loves it and I am sure yours will too.
- 2 baking potatoes -
- 4 eggs -
- 1 tsp. oil -
- Cheese Sauce -
- 2 tbsp. potato starch -
- 1 tbsp. butter -
- 1/2 cup milk -
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or full fat milk -
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper -
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese -
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterrey jack cheese -
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees – wrap each potato in foil and bake for 1 hour or until baked through.
2. Cheese Sauce: In a heavy saucepan, heat the butter and add potato starch. Stir until they clump together. Add milk and heavy cream and cook over low flame until thickening, about 5 – 7 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
3. In another frying pan, make 4 sunny side up eggs: place them into the tsp. of oil and cook until just firm.
4. Slice each baked potato in half. Top each with a sunny side up egg and a few spoonfuls of warm cheese sauce.