Although avocados are relatively high in fat (remember, the creamier it
- 6 cups cubed day old French or Italian bread -
- 4 large tomatoes, cut into ¾-inch pieces -
- 1-3/4 cups cubed seedless cucumber (about 3/4 of an English cucumber) -
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion -
- 1 avocadoes, peeled pitted and cubed -
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil -
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar -
- 1 clove garlic, minced -
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard -
- 1/2 tsp salt -
- 1/4 tsp pepper -
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil -
1. In bowl toss together bread, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion and avocado.
2. In separate bowl, whisk together vinegar, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper. Slowly, in gradual stream, whisk in olive oil until emulsified. Pour over dressing, tossing gently until evenly coated. Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes. Toss again, adding fresh basil and serve.