- 8 chicken breasts -
- OR 8 boneless chicken bottoms -
- 1 cup potato starch -
- 3 eggs beaten -
- 1 cup ground almonds mixed with -
- 1 tsp salt -
- 2 cups lemon curd -
- 1 can pineapple chunks, drained (reserve some liquid) -
1. Cut pieces of chicken into finger size or nugget size pieces. Rinse under cold water and pat dry lightly with paper towel.
2. Set up 3 plates, one with potato starch, one with the beaten eggs and one with the almonds and salt. Dip the chicken pieces into the potato starch then the eggs and then the almonds.
3. Heat up oil and fry until chicken becomes a light brown colour.
1. Heat the lemon curd on a very low flame and add the pineapple chunks with about 2 tsp of the juice. Cook for about 2 more minutes, until combined and warmed through.
2. Pour sauce over nuggets and reheat covered at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes right before serving. You can also reheat right in the same saucepan that the sauce was made in.