My grandmother grew up in Pressburg, but her great-grandmother originally came from a small town in Hungary called Deberecen.
- 6 chicken bottoms -
- 1/2 tsp each black pepper, salt and paprika -
- 1 Tbsp oil -
- 6-8 cloves crushed garlic -
- 1 onion, thinly sliced -
- 1/2 cup water -
- 1 celery root, peeled and finely grated -
1. Smear the chicken with pepper, salt and paprika. Line the bottom of a wide, shallow pot with about 1 tbsp of oil and add the sliced onions and garlic. Arrange chicken on top of them and add about ½ cup of water.
2. Cook over high heat for about 10 minutes, then reduce heat to low and cook for about 30 min more. Add celery root to the pot, covering the chicken, and cook for another 30 - 45 minutes