I have had some experience in the past with Pesach noodles. If you
- 9 ounces Passover Gluten-Free wide noodles -
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt -
- 1 tablespoon olive oil -
- 1 pound frozen chopped broccoli*, defrosted -
- 3 large eggs -
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise -
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix -
- non-stick vegetable spray -
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 8”x8” square or 8” round pan with non-stick vegetable spray. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the broccoli eggs, mayonnaise and onion soup mix. Set aside.
3. Fill a large pot with 8 cups of water. Add the salt and olive oil and bring to a rapid boil over high heat. Add the noodles all at once and gently stir to make sure that the noodles don’t stick together. Reduce heat to medium, and boil for 6 minutes stirring frequently. The noodles should not be completely soft in the center. Immediately remove from heat, drain into a colander and rinse with cold water, gently separating the noodles as you rinse them. Combine the noodles with the broccoli mixture and gently toss until the noodles are evenly incorporated. Transfer the broccoli-noodle mixture to the prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes until browned on top.
Note: If you like a finer chopped broccoli and the packaged broccoli pieces are too large, you can chop them more finely by hand or with a food processor.