- 2 1/2 cups matzo farfel -
- 2 cups boiling water -
- 3 eggs, beaten -
- 1 1/2 tsp salt -
- 2 Tbsp oil or chicken fat -
1. Pour boiling water over farfel. Let stand for 10 minutes. Pour off excess water.
2. Combine farfel, eggs, salt and oil and mix well. Place a little oil in the bottom of muffin tins, and heat in oven. Divide mixture evenly into 12 compartments.
3. Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes, until nicely browned. These are delicious in chicken soup, or as a side dish with meat. The texture is like that of noodle kugel.
This recipe appeared in Kosher Inspired, March 2012. Kosher Inspired is a product of Mishpacha Magazine.