Crumble is everyone
- Best Crumble Filling -
- 4–5 eating apples, thinly sliced -
- 4–5 ripe pears, thinly sliced -
- 1/2 cup dried or fresh cranberries, optional -
- 1 tsp cinnamon -
- 1/4 cup sugar -
- 2 Tbsp potato starch -
- 2 oz chocolate (72% cocoa) -
- 4 Tbsp margarine -
- 1 cup potato starch -
- 1 cup ground almonds -
- 1 cup light brown (or white) sugar -
- 2–3 Tbsp oil -
- slivered almonds or pecan pieces -
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine filling ingredients, except for chocolate, in a large bowl and toss to coat evenly. Arrange mixture in a 9x13-inch Pyrex dish and cover. Bake for 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, place margarine, potato starch, almonds, and sugar in a bowl and crumble between your fingers to create crumbly consistency. Add the oil and mix.
4. Remove Pyrex dish from oven, uncover, and add small pieces of chocolate to the cooked fruit. Spread crumb topping evenly over the fruit. Sprinkle almonds or pecans on top. Bake for another 20 minutes, uncovered.
5. Serve warm.
This recipe appeared in Kosher Inspired, March 2012. Kosher Inspired is a project of Mishpacha Magazine.