These are a real treat. Try heating them up for a few minutes before eating, so that the chocolate chips on top are melted and runny.
- 1 lb semisweet chocolate chips -
- 4 eggs -
- 1 cup sugar -
- 2 tsp coffee granules -
- 2 Tbsp hot water -
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder -
- 6 Tbsp potato starch -
- 1/2 tsp salt -
- 1/2 tsp vanilla -
- 1 cup mini marshmallows -
- 1 cup chopped walnuts -
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips -
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Melt chocolate in double boiler, a bowl set over a pot with boiling water, or microwave. Meanwhile, beat the eggs and sugar in an electric mixer fitted with the beater attachment.
3. Place coffee in a small bowl and add hot water. Stir until coffee is dissolved. Add cocoa powder and mix.
4. Add melted chocolate, coffee/cocoa mixture, and all remaining ingredients to the beaten eggs and mix just until combined.
5. Pour batter into a well-greased (or parchment lined) 9x13- inch baking pan. Bake for 20–25 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with marshmallows, walnuts, and chocolate chips (or desired combination) and bake for 10 minutes more.
This recipe appeared in Kosher Inspired, March 2012. Kosher Inspired is a project of Mishpacha Magazine.