- 3 onions -
- 4 1/2 - 5 lbs beef brisket -
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed -
- (to taste) salt and pepper -
- 1 tsp dried basil -
- 1 Tbsp paprika -
- 1/4 c. apricot jam -
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice -
- 1 c. cola (diet or regular) -
1. Spray roasting pan, place onions in pan and brisket on top of them.
2. Combine the garlic, seasonings, jam and lemon juice, and rub onto the brisket. Pour Cola over brisket. Marinate for 1 hour at room temperature, or overnight in fridge.
3. Preheat oven to 325 and cook covered, allowing 45 minutes per pound of meat, basting occasionally. Uncover for last half hour. Cool completely and refrigerate overnight before serving.