The gorgeous glaze on this fish tastes as good as it looks!
- 1/4 c. lime juice (about 2 large limes), including pulp -
- 1/4 c. orange juice, including pulp -
- 1/4 c. apricot jam -
- 1 T. sugar -
- 1-2 T. sweet white wine -
- 2 tsp. freshly grated ginger (or 1 tsp. powder) -
- 2 tsp. oil or margarine -
- 4 (5 oz.) salmon fillets, rinsed and dried -
- Pinch of salt and pepper -
1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer 5 minutes, until sauce is reduced to almost half. Remove from heat; stir in the oil or margarine. Set aside.
2. While sauce is cooking, grease a skillet and place over medium-high heat. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper on both sides, and cook for 6-8 minutes per side, or until well browned on both sides. Spoon sauce over salmon and serve.