What could be better than a soup bursting with everything your body needs? It
- 1 Tbsp olive oil -
- 1 diced onion -
- 3 cloves garlic, minced -
- 1/4 tsp dried ginger powder -
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes -
- 1 tsp curry powder -
- 1 tsp cumin -
- 2 tsp soup mix -
- 4 cups water -
- 1 cup dried red lentils -
- 2 large parsnips, peeled and diced -
- 1 cup baby carrots, sliced into thirds on an angle -
- 3 celery stalks, sliced thinly -
1. In a large soup pot, sauté the onions until translucent. Add garlic, ginger, and red pepper, and sauté 2 more minutes. Add remaining spices (you can use 1¼ tsp salt instead of soup mix), water, lentils, and veggies.
2. Cover the pot, bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer 20 minutes. If necessary, thin the soup with up to 1 more cup of water. Taste for salt and seasonings. Enjoy!