These are great for Pesach and all year round.
- 1 1/2 pounds coarsely grated carrots -
- 1/4 cup coarsely grated onion -
- 2 Tbsp carrot juice or finely grated carrots -
- 1/2 tsp white pepper -
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh parsley -
- 4 Tbsp matza meal (or non-gebrokts substitute, such as potato starch, quinoa, etc) -
- Vegetable oil spray -
1. In a large bowl, mix carrots, onion, carrot juice, pepper, and parsley.
2. Add matza meal, slowly mixing well. If mixture isn’t stiff (think lumpy cookie dough) add a bit more matza meal.
3. Pre-heat oven to med-high heat. Spray a large frying pan liberally with non-stick spray or brush with vegetable oil.
4. Drop about 2 Tbsp of the carrot mixture at a time into pan. Flatten and allow pancakes to cook over med. heat until golden, about 3 min. Turn and allow other side to become golden.
5. Remove pancakes from pan and place on plate lined with paper towels. Serve immediately or place onto oiled baking sheet and hold in warm oven (275 degrees) for 15-20 min.