- 1 Tbsp olive oil -
- 2 Spanish onions, sliced -
- 2 Vidalia onions, sliced -
- 6 small–medium yellow onions, sliced -
- 1 Tbsp sugar -
1. Heat the oil in a large, thick skillet or wide, low pot.
2. Add all of the onions and sprinkle with the sugar. Turn the heat down to medium–low and let the onions cook for over an hour or until they are a golden amber color. Stir occasionally to prevent the onions from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
3. Allow the onions to cool and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 7–10 days.
This recipe appeared in Kosher Inspired, April 2011. Kosher Inspired is a project of Mishpacha Magazine.